Some things you no longer do, as an adult, when they were regular occurrences as a child:
- Fall out of bed
- Dream you can fly
- Run – outside or inside (when walking would do the job)
- Skin your knees
- Trade stuff for other stuff, like marbles, rocks, bottle caps, or baseball cards
- Hold hands with your friends – hug people or tell you love them – just out of the blue – for no particular reason
- Hide. As adults we hide – but, figuratively – behind fat, alcohol or drugs, fake smiles… Kids actually hide – in fun places – under the bed, in s closet, or a tree.
My Facebook friends added such things as:
- Catch lightning bugs
- Build forts or caves out of pillows or blankets
- Have pillow fights
- Ride bikes (for FUN) – not for exercise or competition
Surely, these are not the things that separate us from our inner child. Yet, maybe indulging in some of these things would help us reconnect.
Couldn’t hurt – let’s try it.